Hotel Orlando Goal Solution:
Note: Before you start know that most items are no save and some do expire, so be mindful of rot timers.
* Goal Added : Shut up that yipping dog!!!
Head to ‘Manager’s Office’
Once Mr. Spade has done his spiele, say ‘yes’ to trigger the goal/tasks
* Task Added : Shut up the yipping dog before the Manager goes ectoplasmic.
This task completes automatically when the others are done
Shows that the LUA writer didn’t know what he was doing
* Task Added : Get a working lantern from the Bartender.
Go to ‘A Dark Saloon’
Type ‘ask for lantern’ to hear some blurb
Go to ‘Garden’ and type ‘grab cotton’ to get a ball of cotton
Go to ‘Cave In’ and kill a skeleton for a crystal lantern
Head back to ‘A Dark Saloon’ and give the lantern to the barkeeper
He’ll fill it up, give you a working lantern, complete the task, and trigger the next
* Task Added : Find somewhere to light the lantern.
Go to ‘Powder Keg Room’ and kill all the sparks except the Tame Spark.
Type ‘light lantern’ and your lantern will be replaced with a lit lantern
Head back to ‘Manager’s Office’
Give the lit lantern to Mr Spade to complete the task (He’ll give you the lantern back, btw) and trigger the next
* Task Added : Get an uncorroded mining pick from the skeletons.
Go to ‘The Reception Hall’ and kill the front desk clerk for a room key
Head back to ‘Cave In’ and kill skeletons until you get a pick.
Head to ‘Monkey Room’
Kill a monkey to inexplicably get a tin of metal polish. This completes this task and triggers the next
* Task Added : Fish out the floating corpse from the underground river.
Go to ‘Underground River’
Type ‘dredge water’ to find the corpse
Type ‘search corpse’ to get a key
Head back to ‘Manager’s Office’ and give the key to Mr. Spade to receive further instructions
Go to ‘Majesty Suite’ and give the key to the prostitute
She’ll give you a signet ring and complete the task/trigger the next
* Task Added : Get a sheet of unscribbled vellum from the Archmage.
Head to ‘Meeting Room’ and you’ll be given the vellum
Head to ‘A Dark Saloon’ and the piano player will clean the vellum for you, triggering a further task this step is easy to miss and mobprogs will let you continue without doing it, but you will not complete the goal
This task completes further on….
* Task Added : Trick the crow into giving you a blob of wax.
Head to ‘Garden’
Give 1 coin to the crow and he’ll drop some wax and complete the task/trigger the next
Don’t forget to pick up the wax – you’ll need it
* Task Added : Stamp the vellum with the Baron’s seal.
Head back to ‘The Manager’s Office’
Type ‘stamp vellum’ to complete this task, the Archmage task, and trigger the next
* Task Added : Give the Stamped Vellum to the cook.
Go to ‘Katie’s Kitchen’ (watch out, the cook will aggro, be quick)
Give vellum to the cook to receive a pile of bread crumbs
This completes this task and trigger the next
* Task Added : Feed the angry crows upstairs.
Head to the room ‘On A Pinnacle’
Give crumbs to the birds to receive a bundle of tin foil, complete the task, and trigger the next
* Task Added : Bring the tin foil to Maxwell for his new invention.
Go to the room ‘Maxwell’s Room’
Give the foil to Maxwell to be given a tasty dog biscuit
This completes this task and triggers the next
* Task Added : Feed the pug!
Go to ‘Blue Room’
Give biscuit to the ghostly pug to receive a pug collar.
This completes the task and triggers the next
* Task Added : Bring the collar back to the Hotel Manager.
Go to ‘Manager’s Office’
Give the pug collar to Mr Spade to complete this task and the goal.
2000 gold, 3 trains, and Mr. Spade’s glasses: Level 5, eye piece, Wis1, Str2, Con1, Luck1